Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Is our children's health really a game played for money, who can buy life, who can profit from a life, and we all suffer from this GREED?? The American Academy of Pediatrics - AAP Just take a look, and maybe take some action!!
AMA Pediatrics Group Wants to Keep Mercury in Our Vaccines—Action Alert!
January 15, 2013
Would you be surprised to learn that vaccine makers are among their corporate donors? And that their recommendations influence the FDA?
"Why would AAP take such an illogical position on organic food for children? Many have noted the presence of drug, vaccine, and junk food companies at the AAP’s annual conferences. IRS docs show that AAP received large contributions from drug companies with ties to statins. Is that why the group recommends statins for children?
Is all of this a coincidence? Not likely. We believe such conflicts of interest within the AAP directly affect their recommendations—and this, in turn, harms children, because some pediatricians and other health professionals blindly accept those recommendations. The organization actively solicits sponsorships from industry. And while they list some of their “corporate friends”—Merck, Sanofi Pasteur, Pfizer, Pediatrics Insurance Consultants, Abbott, Mead Johnson, Nestlé—this is not a complete list, nor does it reflect funding across all their program areas.
Oops, lost the link to this article...sorry. Will Google around for it. But, did find this link concerning AAPs insistence that there is nothing wrong with non-organic foods.
I am not claiming there is anything wrong with people eating foods that are not organic. I am claiming that pesticides hurt people!
I eat non-organic foods everyday- we have no choice really.
But we can do it wisely...avoid processed foods that contain objectionable ingredients. That means anything with Soy, Corn, Canola for sure! And anything that has a name that you know is made from GMO/pesticide laden foods like fructose which also is made with a mercury process.
No candy bars, except those made from real chocolate and the correct sugars. This type of chocolate bar is actually healthy for you! Flavinoids in them are good for the body. Preferably chocolate that comes from a place that has a trade agreement not to use children as slave labor, and there are those types of chocolates around. It will be right on the package to know.
Do some homework and find out...A Google search can get you the info, or there is actually a non-GMO shopping guide out there. Jeffery Smith and non-gmo shopping guide would be what to search for.
I learned everything on this blog from doing Google searches, and am very surprised about everything that's been unearthed here myself.
Here is the AAP study on organic food...
"They" spent 3 hours poisoning the river today right outside my door... Kids are outside playing in it now. Laughing, and enjoying their afternoon while they run with bare feet and slippers all over a blue colored pesticide. The kids.
No signs of warning - just a sunny 80 degree day begging to be enjoyed.
If you are wondering why I didn't go out and tell the kids...
1. Last time I did a mother attacked me...such a foul mouthed woman too...She also said "You are the reason everything in this world is wrong"...and was physically threatened.
2. I called their school and asked the principle to teach the kids that the blue colored places were poisons and they need to avoid them.
3. I called the radio station (3xs) to inform the public.
4. I even wrote notes and put it out on their mail boxes after someone came and soaked them one day with Roundup. He thought he was "helping"...
5. I write letters to the editor...See the one below on this blog. I got the official pesticide rep for the industry to say it's ok to drink Roundup, it's just like salt water or chlorine in your water in another letter to the editor he wrote and a reply to that letter from the Sierra Club President... It's a bit below on this blog.
6. I made this blog, and tell everyone I meet about pesticides, GMOs and Monsanto. I feel like a preacher sometimes.
7. My missing fingers do get attention...This is the first time I've had something to show...otherwise I look just fine; even though am in terrible pain and can hardly move in all these past 3+ times I've been made ill..
8. Watch the movie "Water for Elephants" or read the book. The one guy in it who dies...they talk about his stick leg...and explain it was from pesticide in the booze...the link is right here on this blog. "Known since 1930?" I call my leg from the poison "Frankenstein Leg" ...but it is getting a little easier to walk. And am hoping to be so much better with time.
9. Reported to State of Hawaii Dept of Health...they never called me back.
10. Reported to the EPA they had me make a misuse of pesticide report with the State of Hawaii Agriculture Dept. nothing has become of that.
11. Investigated a bit and found out it was the County of Maui doing this. And, FEMA will fine them if it's not done as they are in charge of taking care of the river. If it is not done Maui is fined compounded daily by FEMA..
12. The Army Corps of Engineers is supposed to redo the whole 2 miles of the river to the ocean.
13. This cement "flood shoot" was put in right about the time a water diversion was made so the water could be taken to Makena and the developments to be built over there. Which I find interesting...the story is it was done to protect from a 500 year flood. And how would they even know that cause the records here do not go back that far. And when they made this cement eyesore the cement was supposed to be so thick, according to the plans, but for some reason is 1/2 as thick as called for. Now they are saying it's to be fixed because of no liners. It's all eroded and broke-up all along the river.
.Was told today, 1/25/13. that there was a film on Akaku TV public access that showed the I'ao River from before the "shoot was built" on last week...am looking for it. It had a rock wall along the sides and flowed free...
Meanwhile found this slide show and has some pretty pics of Maui with what it looks like in I'ao Valley where this river originates from.
Here is a news article about the situation...In my opinion...the work they did in 1981 destroyed the integrity of the river bed, and has created more erosion. It used to be lined with it's own natural bed "of rocks" and the river itself would push out the silt. Now they have heavy equipment that takes it away, along with all those beautiful rocks...If I could drive, I would follow those dump trucks and find out where it goes. This is a very valuable resource. Clean organic top soil and precious rocks. Where does this go?